Wednesday 27 October 2010

T-Minus 39 days and counting!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO it's been about a week and a half since my last post and quite a bit has happened since then....

We'll start with my bball games first....

Last Tuesday we played against Ansett basketball club (who my buddy Colin plays for). They were in 2nd place at the time, just ahead of us. It was a good game up until the 3rd quarter where we slowly fell apart. It was obvious that we don't have much fire power coming off the bench to help Bobby and myself, which can really hurt when we play a team that IS deep off the bench (like Ansett). We ended up losing by around 15-20pts, if I remember right (I try to forget about the losses shortly after the game is over). I personally struggled shooting that night at 3-15 and finished with 13pts and 16 rebounds.

We then played a game this past Saturday against the Razzle (currently winless and in last place). They are a young and inexperienced team with no imports and have yet to really play anyone tough. I won't get into much detail since we won by about 45pts. Me and Bobby only played about 20-25mins so that other guys could get some good playing time and experience on the court. I finished the game with 24pts and 12 rebounds.

Finally, the last game we played during this past week and a half was on Tuesday against the Warriors (who are currently in 4th, about 3 wins behind us). We've already beaten this team twice but each time they've added a new American player. So now they have 4 import players on their team, where as most other teams only have 2. Even with their new and improved team they've been struggling to play together and win. We knew it would be a scrappy game to say the least. We were up by 2pts going into half time then they came out on a run to start the 3rd quarter and took the lead to about 10pts. From then on it was back and forth until the closing minutes of the game. There were some pretty "shaky" calls from the refs that really hurt us at times and we couldn't break into any rythm to take over the lead. We ended up losing by 8pts. I fouled out for the first time this season on some pretty soft calls. I finished with 16pts and 7 rebounds. We are now 10-5 and still in 3rd place by 3 wins over the Warriors. There are only 3 regular season games left and only the top 4 teams make the playoffs so we are already locked in!!! We still need to finish the season on some good wins going into the playoffs.

Now for life other than bball...

Work has been going great and I'm still having fun each shift I have (plus the free meal is always something to get excited about lol)!! My U.G.L.Y. campaign is going great and the the tins have been getting heavier and heavier each day. I bet we already have 600-800$ just in the tins alone! I'm thinking I will open 3 or 4 of the 7 tins on Sunday to get a rough number of where we stand thus far! I am currently planning a few fun things for sometime in mid November that will hopefully bring in a few hundred bucks, like a pool and dart tournament. With a few fundraising events I should be able to reach my $1,000 goal pretty easy. I'm excited to help this cause in any way possible and of course be eligible for some neat prizes too. If you would like to help me in my goal by donating you can do so online at my personal Leukemia Foundation webpage! Here is the link below (just copy and paste it into your address bar). We all know someone in our everyday lives that is affected by a cancer of some sort. It's time to make a difference. Any ammount helps guys!!!!

http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/personalPage.aspx?LangPref=en-CA®istrationID=365760

This past Saturday we had a team gathering after our game we won. It was one of the first Saturdays I've had off since I've started working so I was happy to get to kick it with the fellas. It was the first time we've actually all gotten together to hang out. We all went over to Anthony's house (he's our team captain) and played some poker, ate some good food and a few people took a late night dip in the pool (cuz it was still about 90degrees at 2AM!!! geez!). It was a lot of fun and I'm glad everyone showed up to hang for a while. Hopefully we can do it again soon, especially before time runs out and it's time to go home.


So as you can tell from the title of this post I have 39 days till it's blast off from Darwin and back to the lovely Northwest! I haven't exactly gotten a ticket yet BUT when I do it should be around December 6th. The championship game is on December 4th and we're planning on being in that game so I'll be leaving shortly after we take down the nets :). I'm really excited to be coming home for a few months and can't wait to see friends and family! I feel like a lot has happened these past 5 months I've been gone and I'm ready to catch up with everyone!

I don't have any concrete deals set up yet for the 2011 season, but as it typically goes in this business you don't get something until you least expect it haha! I'm in contact with a few teams right now in Perth and also Adelaide but nothing for sure yet. My agent is also starting to push my name out there to teams in all areas of Australia so I'm very positive things will happen eventually. The next season doesn't start until March and the recruiting is still in the early stages at the moment, but it would be nice to leave here already having a contract set up! Nice Christmas present to myself :). We'll see what happens as time goes on...

The Smith house has now been on the market for about two weeks and there hasn't been any offer quite yet, but it sounds like theres definitely been some interest from a few families. Hopefully an offer will pop up soon because it sounds like the fam has found a nice house to make an offer on in Edmonds, but can't make any moves on it until our house sells first! Fun times :). Be praying for a nice family to find our home soon.

Well I think that's about it for now... I hope this post reaches all of you in good health and spirits. I'm constantly praying for everyone back home. I miss you all very much!

I'll leave you all with a quote- "The only disability in life is a bad attitude" by Scott Hamilton-

Until tomorrow...
"make it happen"

No comments:

Post a Comment