Tuesday 9 March 2010

BIG WIN!!! SHEFFIELD ARROWS 78 - CRUSADERS 96

Saturday-
This was a great game for us as we finally got a win after 5 consecutive losses, and this being our first "road win" of the season as well. We finally gelled as a team better than we had in most recent games and it showed with our effort and enthusiasm. Hopefully this will catapult us into a "winning frenzy" as we are now tied for 9th place and NEED to takeover 8th to make the playoffs! My moto for the rest of the season is "one game at a time"... I played well and finished with 22pts 5rebounds 2assists and 1blocked shot.

Sunday-
Today I was going to be on my own for most of the day as John had left for Spain to go watch his buddy Troy DeVries play a game later sunday evening. Troy plays right outside Barcelona and lives there with his wife and child. John and Troy know eachother from back in college and John was just going for the day and would be back monday afternoon. Gotta love RyanAir for CHEAP airfares!
So this morning I traveled to church with Pete (one of my other roommates who is the worship leader at church). Today was another service similar to last week with 4 more baptisms! It's been quite the eventful month at church so far with people taking new steps in their christian walk with GOD by getting baptised.
After church Me, Pete, Laura (Pete's bird), Scott (a buddy and also worship leader) and Naomi (scott's wife and bird haha) all decided to hit Pizza Hut for some lunch! We made our way into downtown City Centre and had a wonderful meal then walked around for a bit browsing through some stores.
The rest of my day was filled with R & R haha! I busted a book out I've been reading that coach gave me called "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne. I dipped into that for a good while, then I decided to hop on the phone and catch up with some people back home I haven't heard from in a while. It was definitely a very nice relaxing day for me!
This week should be pretty busy, but nothing too crazy. We have another really important game on Sunday "mothers day" out here in the UK. We are playing the team that we are tied for 9th place with, the London Leopards. It's another road game so this week's practices are very crucial to prepare for another tough much needed win to keep our post season hopes alive!

Until tomorrow...
"make it happen"

No comments:

Post a Comment