Sunday 15 August 2010

Holler at me when you see me in the streets BABY!

So I got a "push bike" as they call it out here about a week ago from Donna's son. Now I can get myself around whenever I want to and don't have to ask for rides or wait on anyone else. I've been riding back and forth to the gym to meet up with some other fellas to workout and get shots up. It's about a 20 minute ride one way, so its not bad at all plus it's all flat and there's usually a nice cool breeze which makes for a beautiful little bike ride. Any exercise is good exercise seeing as we only practice once a week, so I'm actually happy about getting to ride everyday and keep my legs strong.

I know you see those 20' rims I'm sitting on hahaha!!!

I think I'm gonna call her "BIG RED"


So I've just recently gotten my NT (northern territory) drivers license just in case I ever need to take the car somewhere. It only costs $24 and it all I had to do was show some paperwork (passport, US drivers license, proof of address) and take an eye test. There was no road test or even book test hahah! Which is perfectly fine with me, the only thing they really do different over here is drive on the left hand side of the road, most everything else is the same. Still though it seemed wayyyyyyy toooooo easy to get a license, I could be a TERRIBLE driver (WHICH is obviously not true, I have a pefectly clean driving record :) ) in the US and they wouldn't have any idea! Craziness, but at least it wasn't a hassle.

I've almost been here two weeks now and time is really flying by! We have a bye this Tuesday so we don't play until next Tuesday. We have practice or training as they call it, tonight, which will be my first with the team. As far as my job hunt goes, I have a good ammount of resumes and applications out around town and am just waiting for a call back so I can start ASAP. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy having the entire day to workout, eat, chill, catch up with people online, read, nap (def a favorite), eat again, watch some tv, get on some pushups, BUT I am starting to get a little bit bored of sitting around and am ready to start working! I'm praying for a job by mid-week!
I have yet to find a church to attend while I'm out here, so I've been doing some stuff online following sermons at the Rock Church in San Diego and Mars Hill in Seattle. It's nice to be able to get my daily dosage in without having to even leave the house, praise God for the Internet haha!
I hope that this reaches everyone is good spirits and that all is going well! I hear that the Seattle summer is finally starting to heat up a little bit, which is great. Soak it up while you can, cuz I get that sunshine everYdaY! Suckers muahhh ahhh ahhhh!

Until Tomorrow...
"make it happen"

No comments:

Post a Comment