Wednesday 28 July 2010

week 3 games down, playoffs this weekend...

So we bounced back really well as a team and won 2 of the 3 games this past weekend, putting us in 2nd place at the end of the regular season! I think we did much better than expected by management and the owner, so that's good so far!
We lost the first game against the #1 team on Saturday night by 15pts or so. I had 16pts and 8rebs. We then bounced back and won Sunday night by 18pts or so. I had 16pts and 9rebs. Monday night was going to be a battle and we knew that from the get go. This is the team that's most equally matched against us and was actually tied with us for 2nd place. We won a tough game by 7pts and gave our team a huge mental boost of confidence because we have to now play them in the playoff both Friday and Saturday. I finished that game with 16pts and 9rebs again hahaha! I was really happy with the way I bounced back from being sick week 2, I played big for our team and it felt great!


So now we are back in KL again we're just having practice all week until our game Friday night. We are preparing a new game scheme since we've already played this team 3 times, I think its a smart idea by coach and that it will work really well against their best lineup. This week I'm going to try and get around the city a little bit and possibly see some things that are big "tourist attractions" hahaha. We don't have too much time since we practice twice a day but we'll make it work. I'm thinking maybe I can at least make it up the KL tower and get a birds eye view of KL.


The advertising for the Finals weekend here in KL has been pretty cool. As soon as we got off the bus from Ipoh we saw these huge banners that were put up near the gym. They had shots of each one of the imports from each team as well as some of the best local players from each team too. It's pretty crazy to see yourself up on a huge banner/billboard but obviously it's a big deal out here and they are trying to promote this weekend to the fullest. Now my next mission is to make sure I get a hold of that banner to take home!!! hahaha.


Just one more week here then I'll be flying off to Darwin. It's crazy how fast this month went by, but I can't say how happy and blessed I feel for being able to have this opportunity to play ball in a country where I'm pretty sure I'd never of traveled too. The experience I've had here and the friends I've made was really a huge surprise. Getting off that plane I had NO IDEA what to expect, but it's really been another eye opener for how big this world is and how spoiled we are in the U.S. haha. Overall my first trip to Asia has been a huge success!

Until tomorrow...
"make it happen"

No comments:

Post a Comment