Saturday 20 February 2010

Half Term week means Crusaders Camp

So this week was pretty different than others we've had thus far. Since the kids were off from school that meant we had no coaching jobs lined up, which was a nice change. BUT we did have our Crusaders bball camp monday thru Wednesday, which was a good time and a success in our eyes (even though attendance wasn't as much as we had hoped for)... I had the privelage of leading Wednesday's camp from 10am - 3pm, and let me tell you, it wasn't an easy task at all! We had about 12 or so kids that day and trying to keep their attention for more than 5-10 mins per drill is tricky.. So it's all about keeping them moving and interested the whole time, which means a well thought out game plan (agenda) is needed! Overall I was happy with the way it went and actually came up with some fun games and drills to do as the day went on, but it definitely isn't easy and I have much respect for coaches who run camps all the time.

Almost forgot to mention that it snowed Thursday, 3 inches within a couple of hours! Nuts!



Today was Friday and John and I went in for an early AM workout then we had decided to kick it at coaches place all day and just lounge around and spend some time together with him and Selah, that way Rebecca could get out of the house and have some alone time. It was an awesome day as he greeted us with his camera and also his legendary waffles! bomb! Then I guess he was in the cooking mood today as he then whipped us up some enchiladas with homemade guacamole for lunch, also bomb! So needless to say I wasn't the least bit hungry today at all haha. It was an awesome day of rest, good company and much laughter!





It must've been my lucky day though as both John I were invited to our friend Lauren's place for dinner that night. So I was basically getting all my meals specially cooked for the day :) God was definitely hooking me up! She made some chili with rice, it was actually her first time cooking chili as well as eating it too(funny choice to cook something you've never eaten or made, but it was great)! It was delicious and I also enjoyed hanging with her and Lucy for the night to cap off my great day. I don't know what I did to deserve all the cooked food but I surely do appreciate it!!

Since we don't have a game this weekend John and I are heading into London tomorrow for the day to visit with his friend, eat, sight see and also watch the Arsenal soccer match at a pub somewhere. We're taking the London Midlands train to get out there and I guess it's only about 1hr 40mins ride, which isn't bad at all. It'll be a longggg day of travel and walking around, but I'm excited to see the big city and take some pics to share with everyone.

Just some side notes to share with everyone:
-My hair is getting prety "european" and I'm tempted to cut it everyday but I am staying strong and letting it grow babyyyyy!
-I finally set up the drum set at the casa and I've already had a few sessions :) Love those drums!
-I'm starting to get the hang of cooking and experimenting with new things...I've been soaking some things in from John, Francious and Coach Scott as they all are pretty nice in the kitchen.
-I've been compiling a list of words and phrases that mean one thing in America and TOTALLY opposite in the UK haha.. I will be sharing this list sometime in the upcoming blogs.

That's it for now, gotta rest up for the weekend!
Until tomorrow...
"make it happen"

No comments:

Post a Comment